you are worth it: Lego House - Gracerik /cursor.cur'), auto; -->

8/25/2013

Lego House - Gracerik

He had just used her. Her trust, her powers, her feelings.

Grace was sitting alone in her room, still hitting the books to find a medicine to cure him. She hid her yawn behind the back of her hand. It was nearly sunrise. Her sleepiness was killed by her feelings though.

I'm gonna pick up the pieces and build a Lego house,if things go wrong, we can knock it down

The silent tipping on her window hardly reached her mind. A hidden urge led her gaze to the window. She nearly jumped in scare.
As she saw who it was she stood up, meaning to open up, not just her window.

My three words have two meanings,there's one thing on my mind- it's all for you

"What do you want here?" Grace whispered.
"May I come in?" Erik asked back.
"First, you're telling me why you're here."
He took a deep breath. "Ya know, I'm kind of a jerk, and what happened...what I said...I didn't mean to...I should have never let it come that far."
"You're right, so now?"
"So I just...is everything alright between us now?"
"No. If you just wanted to apologize, you would have come tomorrow. Why are you really here?" She insisted, crossing her arms.
"Uhm, I just had the feeling that...y'know..."
"Just spit it, Erik. I don't have all night."
"Okay, okay." Another deep breath. "I think you've got a problem." She tilted her head, not saying one word.
"I love you"

And it's dark in a cold December, 
but I've got you to keep me warm

"Alright, come on in and close the window, it's getting cold in here."
He did as she asked him too, but then stood a bit lost in her room. "Why'd you let me in?"
"Told you: it was getting cold in here." She wandered back to her bed, taking one of the books.

and if you're broken I will mend ya 
and keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now

"I'm the biggest idiot and I don't deserve you, but would you at least tell me the truth?"
Grace lowered her book and gave him a dangerous look. "Don't you dare asking me for the truth", she snarled at Erik. "You betrayed me, you just went to another girl instead of talking to me. You kissed her, then hurt me and at last hurt Nicky!", with every word her voice rose, she was nearly shouting now. "You're not even true to yourself! How could you ask me to be?" Reminding her parents sleeping on the other side of the wall, she whispered again: "You're right, though, I really have a problem: Falling in love with an ex-con isn't it. Falling in love with an imbecile, who doesn't use his head before talking- that is my problem."

I'm out of touch, I'm out of love

As he lowered his gaze, not able to look her in the eyes, he read the title of one of the books laying on the floor beneath her bed.

I'll pick you up when you're getting down

"Is this for me?" He took the book and walked over to Grace.
"Yeah, I don't know why I'm even doing it. Or rather- I can't believe it. At the beginning I thought you really were upset with being stuck like that, but then I realized you were just feeling sorry for yourself. That didn't change, you're still thinking nobody cares about you. When somebody does, you just can't-"

The sentences' ending was killed by a kiss.

and out of all these things I've done
I think I love you better now

"I know, I don't deserve you. But I..." Now his last words were just kissed away. He fell back on the sofa with Gwen bending over him.
"Leave it that way.",she whispered at his lips. "I, on the other hand, deserve to be happy, so just shut up for now". Without breaking the last passionate kiss for the day, she turned off the lights, and fell...for Erik again and asleep beside him... at the sofa.

I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind

"Want some breakfast?" Grace came out of the bathroom, already changed to her grey trousers, red blouse and black west. In that order Erik looked at her. Fixing her ponytail she walked past him.
"Your parents...?"
"Are already out." She stopped and turned 'round. "They must've seen you anyway. Mom and Dad never leave without checking on me."
Suddenly he felt like he couldn't breathe any more. Wasn't she embarrassed? He had a bad feeling about what her parents may think of him. Sneaking into their living room in the middle of the night. Nothing happened, of course, but he had thought they'd kill him if they ever saw the two of them like that.
Sipping at their coffees, Grace and Erik sat at the kitchen table.
She lowered her mug, seeking his gaze. "You didn't let me finish what I was about to say last night."
"Sorry." He gave her a smile. "What was it?"
She took a deep breath: "Nicky and I care for you. To him, you're like a brother and you just can't think that I don't care for you...even if it is in a different way." She locked her eyes with his. "You're not just a friend to us, you're already family. Open your eyes: You're not alone. If there is any problem, you can count on us."

I'll do it all for you in time

She sighed. How many times has she told him, that he isn't a monster, and that they'll find a way to solve his situation? Now he went out, kissing some other girl. Even worse kissing cheerleader without knowing it.
"We didn't part after the incident with the jocks. Don't you think this means something?" In a gesture of helplessness she put a hand to her temple. "Of course you don't. You're Erik. You never had thought and you never will think about what others mean by being nice to you. So you could just go ahead-"
"Grace?"
"And think no one ever cares about you-"
"Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaceeee?"
"-but Nicky and I will-"
"GRACE!"
"What?"
"I know, you guys care about me, I just don't know how to deal with it. I mean…all my life I was on my own, so I can't get out of this by just one snap, y'know."
"But you have to talk about-"
"I'm not the type of guy who talks too much. Can cost you…" he sighed. This was harder than he thought. Grace wasn't one of the stereotypical girls, who just wants to hug a beautiful body. She wanted the whole guy. What meant he had to share his thoughts as well.
"I know." She reached over the table and laid her hand on his arm. "But I know that you've changed since we met you again. You can rely on us, not only in a fight." She saw that he was getting uncomfortable. "Well, just try it." With a smile, she stood up to put her mug in the sink. Suddenly she felt Erik standing behind her.

And out of all these things I've doneI think I love you better now

"I wouldn't have changed, if it weren't for you.", he whispered. "I thought about leaving the two of you alone, after we finished the problems. But when it came to that, I already had you in my daily routine. And I liked it." Grace turned around to see his eyes. They spoke the truth. She cupped his cheek with her hand.
If she wanted to say something, it was washed away by the feeling that overwhelmed her. As she felt his lips on hers she felt like she had found something she never knew, she was searching for. Of course, he had kissed another girl. But from now on she was the only one in his life. She didn't know why, but she just knew that fact.
Erik felt feelings he had thought lost – an indescribable warmth, like nothing could ever harm him again. Even though he was an idiot because of her cousin, she would just care how he acted towards her. Never how he looked. All of the sudden he felt her stiffening.

I'm gonna paint you by numbersand colour you in

The next moment, before he could even ask what was going on, she was running up the stairs.
A few seconds later she came back with one of the books he'd seen on her bed the evening before.
"Let me try something!" Still paralyzed by the kiss, he didn't move when she brought her hand to his forehead and mumbled latin words. A spell.
A bright light filled the kitchen and dazzled him. After he was able to open his eyes again, he looked at his hands.

if things go right we can frame it, 
and put you on a wall

They were the same as before. "It didn't work…", he said.

And it's so hard to say it but I've been here before

Grace smiled. "It did. I didn't put a spell on you, I put one on myself."
He looked confused. "As long, as you are like this, I'm the only one, who can feel the touch of your real skin." She blushed.

"Sappy, huh?"
"Yeah, a little bit." Erik smiled. "But I like it though."
With that, he kissed her again.

and I will surrender up my heartand swap it for yours

1 comment:

:)